Friday 19 March 2010

Not a good year for the tulips

Well last night i attended a superb Spring show held by the Wellingborough and District Horticultural Society, and with the bad weather we had unfortunately there was not a tulip in bloom for the category. Some beautiful specimens were on show from daffs to hellebores, unfortunately I came 4th out of 4 entries there. Nothing in the photo or small basket category. However, I did get a 2nd placing in the Table Arrangements which if you take out my multiple entries was 2nd out of 5.

Unfortunately my other entries were a bit too tall and were disqualified, however were praised and admired but unfortunately when i left my pink 12 inch ruler at work and guessed the height in cms this morning i realise that 12 inches is 30 cm and not 36 as i worked out...and I got an B in my O Level maths...shame on me.

Anyway they have been put to good use, the judge has taken them to be used at an event this weekend which for me is just as good as getting placed as lots more people will see and enjoy my hard work.

Michael did take some photos but unfortunately as my laptop does not have a memory reader I am in the hands of Mr Punter to download them for me. Hopefully not too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment